PapiShank.com

PapiShank.com
Click the banner above to visit my official website: PapiShank.com

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

3 things YOU should make time for this Summer

These days it's hard to find time to do anything other than try & make a living, but are we really living?  If you don't take time out to enjoy life, you'll wake up one day & realize that you've missed it.

There's no better time than NOW to start living; so here's 3 things I decided to make time for this Summer that have made each day much brighter:

1. FAMILY

Whether you come from a big or small family, life has a way of getting in the way;  The next thing you know, you're only seeing each other on holidays & maybe birthdays.  Why's that?  Well, after reading this, pick up your phone & call (DON'T TEXT) your brother, sister, cousin, someone, & try to set up a family gathering, a picnic, or just talk on the phone & catch up :-)

I've been trying that myself, & so far one of my brothers & I went to Great Adventure with ours ladies :-) This Sunday I'm planning on going to Hurricane Harbor with even more of my siblings!

View on INSTAGRAM

2. FRIENDS

Remember the days when you couldn't wait to finish your homework & chores, so that you could go out & hangout with your FRIENDS?!  Those were the days, weren't they; the days when you didn't have a care in the world.  Well guess what, your friends feel the same way, they'd love to forget about their daily routine & relive the glory days...lol  Again, pick up your phone & CALL some of them, get together for lunch or to play a sport & be a kid again, at least for a few hours.

That's another thing I started doing this Summer & I've already played handball on 2 separate occasions with friends from 2 different times of my life. No photos from those games but I plan to catch up with a few more friends before the Summer's over, so stay tuned :-)

3. YOURSELF

Last but certainly NOT LEAST, you have to make time for yourself.  No one's going to want to hangout with you, not your friends or family, if you're miserable...lol  Therefore, take some time out for yourself to find out what makes you happy.  Maybe it's reading a book, or sleeping...lol What ever it is, do this 1st: find your happy place, & then invite those you care about over for a visit :-)

If you know me, or follow me, then you know I'm always super busy. I'm an Artist, who does Personal Training in order to pay the bills, (as well as fund my musical endeavors) who's currently back in college (Baruch) pursuing my 2nd degree. I really had to make an effort this Summer in order to reconnect with those dear to me. As for making time for myself, I spend a lot of time alone creating music, as well as handling the administrative duties of my musical & training careers, (& now homework...lol) so when I make time for myself, it's to spend time with my better half :-)

This Summer, we've already made so many new memories, a lot of them on the beach :-)

View on INSTAGRAM


I hope you enjoy the rest of the Summer.  I definitely plan on enjoying mine.  Who knows, maybe we'll do something together this Summer :-)

Leave a comment below & lmk what you plan on doing this Summer.


Musically yours,

P.S.
@PapiShank

No comments:

Post a Comment